No Need

There is so much peace in Love,
in the reassurance that your heart beats in tune
with another's 
not the rush of sugar,
but the slow dripping of honey

The eyes, it's all in the eyes
I know you like the lines 
of my hand, you know me... 
intimacy becomes a dull exercise
can we get any closer 
without being glued ...

what a treat, we live apart and we meet 
like the night and the day 
like June starts with may...
May...

clean like the tears that you spill 
when you think I don't see 
you're my sea.

away from their lies 
I grow strong 
with you by my side 
even my strides become long
what a treat when we meet 

Those who'll never know this fire 
scream desire, but in hell
ours makes the heavens sweat 
they will never know 
that you haven't touched me yet...
yet I know... how it feels 
can we wait longer still 
can we love and stand still 
only Love brings you peace.

what did I do to deserve you 
battling armies of snakes 
and reptiles
head held high
you my gentleman gentle man

you know I don't need you, I can't
but how I want you... no one can understand
the warmth we spread when we stand hand in hand
you make me want to tell  stories...
you make me sing...
you laugh and say I am a queen
a haughty one,
I know that one, the ice that can cover my eyes
just like I know you are my king
you are my king ... 



Dima EL SAYED 


Comments

Popular Posts